Seed Your Startup
Watch Western University and Fanshawe Collegestudent pitch their startups "Dragon's Den" style for over $6,000 in prizes.
Join in on the action, as we'll be awarding an additional $250 prize to the audiences favorite pitch! PLUS, we'll be giving away ONE DRONE to a lucky audience member!
REGISTER before April 1st to receive (3) additional entries into our spectator prize*
Don't miss this great opportunity to network with the budding entrepreneurs in our London ecosystem.
Sponsored by: Shopify, The Bookstore at Western, Libro Credit Union, the Ivey Pierre L. Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship, TechAlliance, and UnLondon.
Startups will compete in TWO Categories:
Retail/Product Prize (non-software based startups): $3000, a 1 year Basic Shopify Plan*, a 1 year commercial bank account at Libro Credit Union, the opportunity to sell product for 1 year in The Book Store at Western, access to mentorship, media exposure and more!*Please note: the winning retail team will have until June 5th, 2018 to redeem the Shopify prize.
~ FINALISTS ~
Technology/Service Prize (software based startups):
- North Strong Collective is a patriotic athletic apparel brand dedicated to helping Canadian athletes close the financial gaps they face via a crowdfunding and retail hybrid solution.
- Orgashell is a company aimed to create organizational solutions for the modern traveler. We design and create innovative ways to carry that adapt to your everyday adventures.
- Plentiful is a single-serving of superfood blends tailored to meet the varying health needs of consumers.
$3000, a 1 year commercial bank account at Libro Credit Union, formal mentorship, and access to co-working space. ~ FINALISTS ~
- Ascend Applications
- PostKo is a technology platform that facilitates shipping through unused luggage space, and aims to reduce the cost of both flying and shipping internationally.
- STMNT is a mobile sharing platform where local fashion enthusiasts can gain access to the closets around them and earn money on their too-nice-to-wear-twice items, all while making a positive impact on the planet.
*Draw for the spectator prize will take place during Seed Your Startup on April 5, 2018. Participant must be in attendance in order to claim the prize.
Read the "Seed Your StartuP 2017" Press Release